Each delicate piece is finished hand from us to you and like everything close to your heart, it too needs some love.
So here are some basic tips to care for your finery:
- Simple warm water and mild soap will remove dirt and oils.
- Ensure it is completely dry before storing it in the box that it came in.
- A soft polishing cloth is also a great way to maintain its lustre and looking at its best.
14k Solid Gold
We chose 14k solid gold as our metal of choice for its resilience and resistance to tarnish. It also makes your jewellery pieces extremely hardy and impervious to scratching and warping than its higher carat counterparts. To keep your jewellery looking brand new, just follow the simple instructions above and you're ready to go.
Mother of Pearl
Organic gemstones such as the mother of pearl are vulnerable to acid, alkaline and extreme humidity. To preserve the radiance of your mother of pearl pieces, please do read the care guide below:
- Avoid harsh chemicals. Do not let them come into contact with cosmetics, hairspray, perfume, soaps and home cleaning products. A general rule of thumb is that they should be the last thing you put on and first thing you take off.
- Wear your pearls. As they are organic, they react well to your body's natural oils. We advise that you avoid wearing your pearls to the pool or beach.
- Store them well. After wear, wipe your mother of pearls with a soft cloth and occasionally with mild soapy water. Let it dry completely before storing in a soft box or pouch.
The nature of sterling silver will cause it to tarnish due to oxidisation but daily wear will slow this process down. Follow the instructions above will keep your silver looking in top shape together with the additional care for silver below:
- Silver is especially susceptible to damage by chlorine so avoid swimming and working with bleach.
- Keep your jewellery away from drastic temperatures and high humidity areas such as bathrooms.
- The silver that we use is in its purest form which is soft and malleable in nature. To maintain its shape and avoid scratches, it is best to remove your rings when doing rough work.
- There are readily available silver polishing products with anti-tarnishing properties that can help prolong your jewellery's life.
We are happy to offer polishing services for any of our jewellery, however, we are unable to mend scratches or deformations that have occurred after sale. Just email email@example.com and we'll do our best to help you out.